Thursday, June 19, 2008

What Is an Opportunity

I came accross this article on my good friend Josh Bradley's Blog. Josh is CEO of Big Cash Creator, a company who's business is providing Home Business marketers state of the art tools for marketing their business opportunities. I believe this article addresses a valid concern and represents somewhat of a paradigm shift in how we should be marketing our MLM opportunities. Our economy, in deed the whole world's economy is changing drastically. These changes are having a significant effect on how prople approach the whole "work from home" idea. I believe if we can adapt our approach, how we try to "sell" our products and opportunities, these changes can work in our favor. Alan Kuykendall, the author of this particular article seems to agree with this way of thinking. I hope you will benefit as much as I did from reading this article. I cleaned it up a bit gramatically and changed some of the wording to make the article flow a little better, but the author's ideas remain intact. Enjoy!

Once apon a time MLM or Network Marketing companies and direct sales organizations would tell you that their opportunity was something that the average individual could take part in and could become a multimillionaire virtually overnight. The greatest pitch and almost standard tag lines used, were by people who have made and who continue to make millions from this industry. Through the years of network marketing using the internet as it's primary marketing medium, this approach has remained fairly successful!

Why wouldn’t it be? Becoming instantly rich by signing up with a company that everybody else was part of, seemingly making tons of cash, always looks good! As I am writing this article I can remember back to the time when I got the fever for MLM. It was based on the same principle. I was broke and tired of scratching for every dollar just to make ends meet. My rent was late, my family and I ate at home every day and our meals were something of a bore because of the tight budget we were on. It cost me so much money just to keep the 7am.-7pm job at the time as well. Gas, uniforms, insurance, union fees, tools, etc. had to be taken from my check every week and it was amazing what that amount was.

It was that same old “pitch” of getting rich overnight that gave me my original fever and it has not left me to this very day! But in all actuality, did I get rich overnight? No, and just like 75% of all people who come into network marketing, I failed at my first attempt. I did make a few bucks, but not nearly enough to pay for all the products I was buying, let alone enough to allow me to stop working. As I aged through the years, I kept at it with this industry and eventually figured out everything and started to make enough money to finally quit my day job. And from that day forward, I have always worked for myself from my home except for a short 3 year period when I went to work as the Director of Operations of our city’s biggest nutritional MLM networking company. That was 5 yrs ago and now, as everyone knows, I am cofounder of Big Cash Creator, LLC.

My point is, that I did not become rich over night. It took me several attempts, several thousand dollars and almost 2 yrs before I could honestly say that I was one of those persons that could boast about making gazillions. It took hard work, practice and a ton of learning to finally achieve the success that a lot of companies pitch today, that anyone can do it and in a very short time. Now, don’t get me wrong. There ARE individuals out there that have made a ton of money overnight without having any experience whatsoever. And that is the dream of MLM, make no mistake about it! But in this article I would like to suggest to you a change in our marketing strategy, that the opportunity is NOT about making a million bucks over night but is instead about something a little more reasonable, something people can more easily identify with.

At Big Cash Creator, LLC, we pay attention to the economy as well as to what is going on in the world politically and to the general attitude of society. The truth of the matter is that these factors play a very important role in the success of Network Marketing. Success relies solely in the hands of what we call, “The Masses." Most companies out there will tell you that without the masses there could never be a successful multimillion dollar company. If a company is not bringing in tens of thousands of regular people, like you and I, they will ultimately fail. If you ask any leader in any company with the 10K sized down lines, they will tell you that the majority of people in their organizations are simple people with a dream.

Now if we look at any major news network, newspaper or nationally circulated news magazine, a good part of their stories and topics are based on today’s economy and where it is going. Even with the current political change that is about to take place in the United States, the economy is starting to play a major role in that change. And if we dig deeper we will also see that there are quite a few people out there that feel that our economy is only going to worsen before it gets better. These days in America, most people do not see the possibility of being a millionaire in their future. Even though we are telling people that “Anyone Can Become a Millionaire,” more and more people are hesitant about taking anything out of their budget to try it out.

Recently, on CNN news, there was a story by their financial news anchor about how to budget the family income so that it would be possible to keep up with the rising cost of food. Just with the high cost of fuel, they are already predicting that there will be a whopping 37% fewer people traveling this upcoming Memorial Day weekend. With that in mind and with everyone really trying to stretch every dollar they earn, it is only reasonable to assume that more and more people very well may not buy into the whole “Earn a Million Dollars in Your First Month” hype. Only a few years back, statistics show, people would take a chance with a few dollars out of their paycheck or income tax check and take a stab at a Home Business Opportunity and give it their best shot.

Today however, especially if what the financial experts are predicting comes true, we are going to find that people are not going to be willing to take that chance. The truth of the matter is that our society can see through that hype and basically figure out that if anybody could do it, why is our economical outlook so bleak? As I said, I would like to suggest a change in our marketing approach from that of promoting the great opportunity hype to one of selling an opportunity to make a few extra bucks, instead. It is because of our current economical status that I have already started to employ this in my day to day prospecting efforts. I no longer tell my prospects that by joining my opportunity they will become rich like me. Instead, what they really respect and take to heart is, that I tell them this is an opportunity to make some extra cash for the possibility of troubled times ahead.

When I ask someone if they are going to travel this Memorial Day weekend and they tell me that they just can’t afford it, then that is my time to shine. I love to tell my prospects that I won’t lie.. It is not everyone that can be another Donald Trump. But what I can tell them and show them is how they can add an extra 100-200 dollars to their family budget by getting into my opportunity and utilizing the tools that I have. And that folks is GOLD, right now. One of the biggest reasons prospects fail to upgrade in your business is that they simply feel they cannot afford to and are unwilling to take that chance, with the small budget they have now. But the truth of the matter is, with most opportunities today, the average person really can add that extra income to supplement their budget. Who would not want to do that?

When someone tells me they cannot afford to take a camping trip or take the family out to dinner, I will go to great lengths, laying it out on the table for them, how my opportunity can allow them to do just that! And by joining my opportunity they will be able keep everything they are doing for their budget. No chances taken so to say. The thing is, it really is true that people do become extremely wealthy in MLM and by starting out with their only goal being to add more money to the budget to compensate for the small things like gas, food, and entertainment they are presented with the ability to become one of those millionaires, over time, with effort and motivation.

With this concept of creating a smaller opportunity for today’s financially difficult times, we will soon see that these new type of prospects that continue to work for their current employers are actually able to bring in more prospects because of what they are doing. While standing around the company water fountain or copy machine, your new team mate is telling his or her colleagues that he just came back from a weekend long camping trip with the entire family. They will be approached by co-workers who want to know exactly how they could afford such a luxury, working at the same place. And guess what they will offer in response? The same sort of opportunity that you presented.

Yes, anyone can become a zillionaire in this business. But only if they are able to bring in the masses. The masses are not going to take a chance with the current opportunity hype, but they will do almost anything including working 1 or 2 part time jobs just to make ends meet. Remember that gas alone to drive to yet another part time job costs the same as most opportunities cost on a monthly basis. But your opportunity not only provides the freedom of not having to buy gas, it allows people to enjoy the little time they currently have with their present full time job. Which would you prefer? I know that my prospects prefer the comfort of their own home and the ability to spend time with their families and especially going into the woods for a couple of days because it can be afforded!
- Article Written By Alan Kuykendall, C.O.O. and Cofounder, Big Cash Creator, LLC

No comments: